How to Put a Picture in a Silver Locket
Transferring a photo to a silver locket can be a little tricky, as the shape of the photo needs to match the locket dimensions. However, there are some smart solutions that are simple to implement, such as making a tracing paper template.
Using Tracing Paper
1 Open the locket. Lay it flat with the open side facing you.
2 Place a piece of tracing paper over the photo recess. The inside of the locket should have a slight recess meant to hold the photo in place. Lay a piece of tracing paper over the locket so you can see the recessed part through the paper. If you don't have tracing paper, you can use tissue paper or any thin paper you can see through.
3. Use a pencil to trace around the recess. Then use this template to circle the back of the photograph you want use.
4. Cut the photo according to the template then place into the silver locket.
NOTE: The plastic window can be a little delicate and difficult to open. Use a small tool such as a toothpick or tweezers.
Alexander Castle is an online jewellers dedicated to selling beautiful and elegant gifts. We seek to provide our customers with a range of quality products and offer great customer care before, during and after purchase.
We specialise in sterling silver and Sterling Silver items and have a huge selection of items in necklaces, pendants, earrings, bracelets and rings. We try to give as much information on each product as possible, including the weight, dimensions, shape, material and presentation.
Keep your jewellery dry and avoid wearing it when bathing or swimming. Perfume can be corrosive to jewellery so take care not to spray directly onto the item. To clean, rub your jewellery with warm soapy water and rub with a soft cloth
- DESIGN – Sterling Silver Locket necklace with 4 photo windows to display pictures.
- SIZE – Locket Weight: 4.9g, Locket Dimensions: 38mm x 20mm
- CHAIN – This locket comes as a pendant attached to a 18" sterling silver chain.
- GIFT BOX – This locket necklace has a presentation gift box included. A perfect gift with elegant packaging. Ideal for Birthdays, Christmas, Valentines Day, Mothers day, Anniversaries and weddings.
- JEWELLERY CARE - To ensure you keep this silver locket (and any other earrings, necklaces, pendants or bracelets) shiny and perfect, store each piece of jewellery separately to prevent them from scratching each other. Chemicals, air pollution and other abrasive liquids such as hairspray, creams, toothpaste, deodorants or household cleaning products can discolour and tarnish jewellery. The best way to polish a piece of silver or gold jewellery is lightly with a soft jewellery polishing cloth.